Presented at the Gazebo
Westport Maritime Museum
Saturday, Aug 19
• 10:00am to Noon - Theme of 33 - Theme of 33 is Roger and Rachel Williamson. Father and daughter with a number of years performing as a duo, and as members of larger bands. Their acoustic songs cover folk, blues, and more modern music, with a few originals, just keep things interesting.
• 12:30pm to 2:30pm - Abraham Neuwelt - Seattle-based percussionist Abraham Neuwelt is regarded as one of the Northwest's best handpan players, and a lead ambassador of the instrument. You may be asking yourself, "what is a handpan?" The hand pan or "hang" is a convex steel drum played by hand, tuned to multiple notes and particular scales, emitting a sonic tone that has the capacity to create many layers of sound and ethereal effects. Abraham's performance is truly an experience that you have to hear to believe.
• 3:00pm to 5:00pm - Strangely Alright - Take Weezer and Super Furry Animals sprinkled with some Bowie, and then add confessional lyrics ala John Lennon and you have Strangely Alright, a 6 piece rock band from the Seattle, WA area that has, as Rockford Rowley from The Weekly Volcano says, "an undeniable emotional appeal".
Sunday, Aug 20
• 11:00am to 1:00pm - Theme of 33 - Blues Duo
• 1:30pm to 3:30pm – Doubleback Band - Pure Country Dance music! As big fans of the Bakersfield Sound, Texas swing, Honky Tonk, Blues and Classic Rock, they’re sure to bring a BUNCH of energy, smiles and good ol’ fashioned FUN!